Traffic Control Team Leader
Traffic Control Team Leader
BlaBlaCar’s vision is to bring fairness, freedom and fraternity to the world of travel. BlaBlaCar was created in 2006 with one dream in mind: fill the millions of empty seats on the road to create an efficient, affordable and friendly way to travel. Today, our global, trusted community counts 75 million members in 22 countries, enabling a smarter, large scale and truly sustainable transport network. Born from a simple idea of people sharing their rides, BlaBlaCar’s ambition is to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility. We offer long distance carpooling service, a commuting carpooling service, and since 2018 a marketplace bus service too. A filled bus emits one third of the emissions per passenger kilometer as an average car. So we want to fill those seats too! In 2018, 84 million travellers used BlaBlaCar globally saving 1.6 million tons of CO2. Meanwhile we enabled human connections, bringing people closer together in more ways than one with 87% of members say that carpooling is an enriching experience.
Job description, Why join us?
One of BlaBlaCar’s key strategic goals is to develop a new business line: Bus. The Traffic Control Team at BlaBlaCar aims at ensuring real time communication between drivers and customers. It is the control tower of all occurrences on the spot such as: delays, accidents, breakdowns, changes of itinaries… As Traffic Control Team Leader, your role is to be the referent of the team during you shifts and ensure that all situations are handled properly.
What you will directly contribute to
- Tracking the current traffic situation of the bus service and inform passengers about delays and malfunctions
- Taking on the coordination responsibility of personnel and vehicle deployment in case of any changes
- Interacting on daily basis with diverse operational interlocutors
- Taking measures to avoid any malfunctions, to minimize their effects and quickly implement alternative solutions
- Optimizing operational processes to guarantee the quality of our service
- Being the team referent during your shift
4 – Qualifications: What you will need to be successful
- Excellent proficiency in handling emergencies
- Enjoy working as a team-player and learning from others
- Demonstrate a strong operational agility and a solution-driven mindset
- A good knowledge of MS Office
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in either Transport management/operations, Customer service, driver/vehicle disposition or Tourism
- Full proficiency in French + English + Italian or German
- Flexible and prepared to work in shifts (24/7)
Additional Information: A few practical details about the role
Start: As soon as you are ready!Location: Paris HQ, Permanent contract (CDI), Compensation: Competitive package based on experience
What we offer all of our employees
- The opportunity to have a meaningful impact, building a CO2-saving global travel network enabling strong human connections too.
- A strong “Fun & Serious” company culture
- An international environment with a team counting 35 nationalities, serving a global member-base from 8 offices around the world (Berlin, Kiev, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Paris (HQ), São Paulo, Warsaw)
- State-of-the-art office spaces, in a great location And some other great perks!
What is next?
If you are ready to join our exciting journey, please apply at this mail adress : maria.kokar.ext(at)blablacar.com and upload your resume in English (PDF format).
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.