CEO German branch (German Speaking - based in Paris)
Full time permanent contract
EXPERIENCE : more than 10 years LEVEL OF EDUCATION : Master
Your mission at Younited Credit :
Who is Younited
Younited Credit is reinventing the consumer loan industry in Europe.
Founded in 2009, Younited Credit is the only European consumer lending platform to be fully authorized and regulated as a Credit Institution. Its innovative refinancing model allows professional qualified investors (both indi-viduals and legal entities: companies, insurers, foundations,pension funds,etc) to directly finance consumer loans. The company has raised more than €100 million of equity since launch (BPI, Crédit Mutuel Arkéa, Eurazeo, Schibsted-Le Bon Coin, AG2R la Mondiale, and business angels Xavier Niel, Pierre Kosciuzko-Morizet, Weber Investissements), has passported its license in 10 countries (France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Portugal, UK, Poland, Belgium, Romania, The Netherlands) and employs 300 people in Paris, Rome and Barcelona. Younited Credit has originated over a billion euros in consumer loans to 200 000 households.
The mission is to replicate – nonetheless adapting it to the German market specificities in terms of consumer expectations and banking market specificities - the successful business model developed by Younited Credit in France, Italy, Spain and Portugal. This requires outstanding execution and operational management capabilities.
- Create the Branch – with support from headquarters in France – then manage all the company’s activities in Germany, recruiting a team of 5-7 people before the launch date; the company is expected to grow rapidly following the launch (target: 40 employees within 18 months).
- Set up all operations – organisation, processes, management – with a client base of local borrowers (four distinct activities: sales call centre, credit analysis, customer service, collections) and a small support team (IT, Finance, HR).
- Achieve sales targets through web-based customer acquisition (SEO, SMO, Affiliation, Aggregators, Partnerships, etc).
- Liaise with central functions located in Paris: Product, IT, Finance, Regulatory.
- Represent the company locally (press contact, relations with local supervisory authorities, negotiating and setting up of local commercial and operational partnerships,etc.).
- Comply with Younited Credit corporate culture and organisation, and meet the ambitious qualitative and quantitative financial and operational targets (loan production, risk,financial balances).
- The candidate will have a proven track record of at least 7-8 years in a senior executive position (Chief Operating/Marketing Officer or Deputy Chief Operating/Marketing Officer or likewise, etc.) or as the general manager (or deputy general manager or likewise) of a business unit in the banking sector (ideally consumer loan business), with a strong focus on internet and mixing both operational and strategic roles.
- The candidate will have demonstrated ability to unite diverse teams around a shared dynamic, displaying natural authority and the ability to convince and to manage.
- The candidate will speak English or French to a high standard and be fluent or native in German, with excellent knowledge of the country and its specific characteristics.
- University degree in Business or Engineering from a top ranked German University, ideally completed by an MBA.
Candidate profile required :
- Strong knowledge of operating procedures and risks in the consumer loans sector with a good understanding of German consumer finance client behaviour.
- Good experience of internet businesses, online acquisition and/or of call-centre management.
- Recognised management skills, excellent communications skills at all levels (operating staff, supervisory board, etc.).
- Excellent presentation skills in order to take on the role of spokesperson and representative of the company in Germany
- Proven business and institutional network.
- Results and performance culture, top-level reporting and analysis skills.
- Ability to combine strategic vision / leadership with cutting-edge operational execution.
- Start-up mind-set: energy, flexibility, love of challenges and self-reliance.
- Excellent reputation, accountability, ability to strictly comply with banking regulation.
Are you interested?
Send an email to marine.crovella(at)younited-credit.fr with your resumé and a presentation of who you are!